Chief Financial Officer
Austin PBS seeks a Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) who will be a strategic and operational leader providing counsel to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”), the Board of Directors, and the senior leadership team. The CFO will ensure the efficient and effective stewardship of the organization’s financial and business operations, being viewed as a partner to all stakeholders of the organization and in the community. The CFO reports to the CEO and serves as a critical member of the senior leadership team. The CFO will be engaged in all key strategic discussions and will have a focus on ensuring that Austin PBS uses its assets and resources to support the organization’s mission and ambitions. He/she will serve as the primary liaison to the Board of Directors’ finance committee.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Consult and advise the CEO and Board of Directors on financial, risk, and operational strategy for the organization.
- Develop, communicate, and lead the financial strategy across Austin PBS, cultivating andfostering an on-going collaborative environment with senior leadership team.
- Be responsible for the short- and long-term financial health of Austin PBS; ensure adequate controls; lead strategic financial planning covering annual operating budgets,capital budgets, and forecasting.
- Oversee and support the full range of financial and accounting functions including financial planning, reporting and analysis, accounting services, budget planning, treasury management, accounts payable and receivable, payroll, and tax.
- Establish best-in-class processes and policies to ensure the integrity of the organization’s financial operations, financial systems, and financial statements.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, reports, and special analysis.
- Collaborate with the Finance Committee on issues relating to the management of cash, debt, and financials.
- Instill a team performance culture among a group of increasingly diverse and talented individuals.
- Represent the organization to financial partners, auditors, insurance brokers, and other relevant providers.
- Work with the development team to create grant application budgets and ensure grant financial reporting compliance.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contractual agreements with external counterparties.
The ideal candidate will be broadly skilled with significant leadership skills and a strong affinity for the mission of Austin PBS. They will have extensive experience as a leader overseeing accounting, financial operations, and financial planning; a strong understanding of a contentdriven organization, and a demonstrated success working as part of a senior leadership team driving innovation and business process improvements. The ability to move fluidly between being a strategic advisor and a thought partner to the CEO and senior leaders is key.
Senior Finance Experience Eight to ten years total experience in financial leadership roles with strong analytical skills and a deep knowledge of accounting, finance, risk management, and payroll.
Leadership / Management Background Track record of leading and managing a team including hiring, performance management, training, and professional development.
Strategic Planning A strong business orientation including setting short- and long-term priorities, matched with the ability to effectively communicate to the leadership team and Board of Directors the shortand long-term financial implications of decisions.
Technical and Analytical Acumen Strong analytical skills and technical capability, including experience with enterprise-wide financial systems.
Mission Orientation Experience working in, or exposure to, a non-profit organization is desirable but not required.
Critical Leadership Capabilities
Strategic Financial Management
- Adopts a long-term perspective about the organization’s finances while also cognizant of short-term needs; brings a sophisticated understanding of the financial levers and risks.
- Provides accurate, comprehensive, and transparent financial information to the senior leadership team and board members to inform priority setting and helps guide multiyear decision-making.
- Seeks innovative approaches to support the organization’s strategic objectives
- Provides discipline and focus on efficiency, effectiveness, accuracy, and continuous improvement of operational and financial processes.
- Supports major capital and technology projects while planning the financing necessary from them.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration across business and operational units.
- Demonstrates a consultive demeanor to build rapport and establish credibility with all constituents.
- Possesses a deftness of style that solicits inputs, listens well, and incorporates feedback, yet can make decisions.
- Enjoys working with diverse teams and takes initiative to build and deepen partnerships with a broad range of constituents at the organization.
- Appropriately delegates projects to team members with a clear set of objectives.
Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
To apply: Please email a resume to email@example.com