Chief Marketing Officer
Austin PBS is looking for a Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to lead the digital consumer experience and marketing strategy. The CMO is responsible for the management of the marketing team and activities that support station communications and promotions, with an emphasis on digital strategies and digital messaging.
The CMO will be the organization’s compass, driving marketing strategy forward, but will also need to “hit the ground running” in the following key critical areas:
- Assess the current state of the organization’s marketing capabilities, tech stack, internal resources, etc. and make forward-looking recommendations for change
- Develop a digital & social media roadmap/strategy based on data-driven decision-making capability
- Provide leadership and coaching across the organization as it relates to marketing, digital media, communication, brand management and content distribution
Essential Job Functions
Strategy Development: Develop and oversee marketing and communications plans with the objective to develop short and long-range strategies by platform in alignment with department and organizational goals and key audiences.
- Identify challenges as well as emerging issues and opportunities, and collaborate with peers, volunteers and staff to develop effective strategies to address them.
- Effectively works with Executive Management Team to create meaningful brand and performance KPIs that can be tracked and reported over time.
- Evaluate the impact of marketing programs in achieving their stated objectives.
- Build a digital consumer journey based on data and market intelligence that drives individuals to our content and programming line-up.
- Establish a “best in class” online presence that helps drive organizational impact through increased donor contributions and community support/engagement.
- Champion the adoption of digital approaches across Austin PBS and ensure long-term alignment to the organization strategy.
- Set digital strategies to support the build and maintenance of websites, digital marketing, e-commerce, streaming solutions and all social media platforms.
- Oversee various agency partners to create and deploy effective advertising and promotional content across digital and direct response tactics.
- Support content development and marketing new content to effectively reach targeted viewers.
- Seek out commercial opportunities to utilize event space with community partners, non-profits and others.
Managing and Leading Change: Manage departmental marketing budget to ensure consistent and growing community awareness of Austin PBS; specifically implementing digital advertising campaigns.
- Oversee planning to ensure execution of all digital marketing campaigns, including SEM, email, social media and display advertising campaigns.
- Play a lead role in storytelling, content publishing, and social media engagement to measure engagement and audience impact.
- Participate and collaborate on ensuring a successful conversion funnel in partnership with the Memberships Team.
- Lead the development and collaboration on the creation of the organization’s presence on new and emerging social media and digital platforms
- Effectively engage diverse perspectives and experiences in work products and in organizational interactions, and demonstrate respect for others in all workplace relationships
- Support an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Lead the collection and tracking of viewership and listener insights and relevant data to build a comprehensive profile of our audience base
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business, Sales, Communication, Marketing or elevant field
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in marketing/communications and related leadership experience
- Expertise in media platforms (broadcast, video, radio, audio, podcasting, etc.)
- Skills, knowledge and understanding of digital platforms, advertising and developing campaigns that engage, inform, motivate and drive digital growth.
- Extensive organizational experience: ability to plan, organize, coordinate and oversee an integrated marketing plan.
- Strong project management skills including coordinating and collaborating across departments with staff members and community partners.
- Able to identify and pursue partnerships opportunities, manage multiple tasks in a dynamic environment and be adept at coordination of people, tools and facilities to reach goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to write quickly and accurately on deadline.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking - up to date on the latest trends and best practices in digital management and marketing.
- Ability to pivot and adapt to changes in project direction and deadlines.
Preferred, but not required
- Expertise with leveraging AVOD and SVOD to drive more viewership
- Experience with CRM and SEO tools like Google Analytics, Google Adwords, HubSpot, WebTrends, SalesForce, etc.
- Experience in media, public television, entertainment events and/or non-profit marketing a plus
- Multicultural marketing expertise a plus
- Experience working in a cross-functional and shared services model
- Experience utilizing Business Intelligence and Media Intelligence tools and platforms
- Knowledge of modern media and/or public media industry
- Experience in public media, board relations, as well as managing government grants and audits
- Experience with growing, innovative organizations of 50+ employees
Austin PBS opened a new facility in August, 2022 located at the ACC Highland Campus. The person filling this role is expected to work majority onsite for the first 90- 120 days. After this initial period, there is potential for a hybrid schedule.
Chief Executive Officer
Annual salary range starting at $150,000 + commensurate with experience
- 16 paid holidays (of which 4 are floating), 12 vacation days, and 12 sick leave days
- Medical, dental and vision benefits effective first day of the following month (company covers the majority of employee benefit costs)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Safe Harbor 403 (b) plan (4% monthly company contribution)
- Life insurance (company paid)
- Short-term Disability (company paid)
- Long-term Disability (company paid)
- Employee Assistance Program with 6 free counseling sessions
- Austin City Limits taping passes based on rotating basis and when available
- Watch production of Overheard with Evan Smith and Central Texas Gardener based on employee’s work schedule
- Business Casual work environment
Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org