Digital Communication Associate
Come join us over at Austin PBS in our new offices at Austin Community College Highland Campus. Be a part of our mission to educate, entertain and engage children and adults in the Greater Austin area and beyond by providing distinctive media experiences that matter, whether on the air, online or on the ground, and reflecting Austin’s uniqueness and creativity to the world. We are looking for a full time Digital Communication Associate who will help fulfill our mission. The Digital Communication Associate will be responsible for developing and publishing written communications for Austin PBS. This person is a key part of a motivated, dynamic team of communicators that serves to promote Austin PBS’s local and national programs, education, events and development efforts.
This person works with the Marketing Director to establish and execute effective communication strategies and to create and deliver regular emails, newsletters and web content.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Working as part of a team to develop and implement engaging and effective digital marketing strategies.
- Writing fresh and compelling copy that invites the Central Texas community to learn more about Austin PBS and its programming, projects, events and station initiatives.
- Working within appropriate style guidelines and a defined brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, and supporting consistency of message across the organization.
- Close collaboration with other communications team members, maintaining consistent messaging and branding across digital, on-air and traditional marketing channels.
- Coordinating with other departments to meet the goals and deadlines outlined in communication plans, including the creation of station reports, newsletters, emails and other items as determined by the Marketing Director.
- Writing pledge scripts and other on-air items as needed.
- Working with a cross-departmental storytelling team to create short written pieces that complement videos sharing Austin PBS’s impact.
- Completing other online and program information-related tasks as part of Austin PBS’s communications and marketing department, including email marketing and writing website content and rotating homepage promotions.
- Supporting the Digital Marketing Associate in monitoring social media accounts and offering constructive interaction with users, appropriately representing the Austin PBS brand.
- Effectively engaging diverse perspectives and experiences in work products and in organizational interactions, demonstrating respect for others in all workplace relationships. Supporting an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Performing other duties as required and/or assigned.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field. An Associate degree or High School Diploma/GED plus demonstrated relevant experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in professional communications, marketing or a writing-focused position.
- Proven ability to conceptualize and write materials using a specific brand voice and/or for specific targeted audiences.
- Strong and proven editing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to deadline.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- A passion for the mission and vision of public media.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to work proactively and independently with limited direction.
- Ability to work non-standard hours in support of major activities and emergencies when needed.
- Proficiency with email marketing platforms and/or web based content marketing systems (CMS) preferred.
- Understanding of content marketing practices preferred
- Understanding of SEO preferred
Writing samples will be required
- 16 paid holidays (of which 4 are floating)
- 12 vacation days
- 12 sick leave days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits effective first day of the following month (company covers the majority of employee benefit costs)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Safe Harbor 403 (b) plan (4% monthly company contribution)
- Life insurance (company paid)
- Long term Disability (company paid)
- Employee Assistance Program with 6 free counseling
- ACL Taping Passes based on rotating basis and when available
- Watch production of Overheard with Evan Smith & Central Texas Gardner based on employee’s work schedule
- Business Casual Work Environment
Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
To apply: Please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org