Director of Donor Relations
Responsible for maintaining a portfolio of qualified donors with focused attention on donors that can support at the leadership level of giving and/or have an interest in planned giving. Develop a strategy for each qualified donor in order to acquire new leadership donors and increase current leadership donor retention by growing financial commitments and active involvement with the organization. This position will spend 100% time raising funds and managing leadership appeals with a goal of raising $500,000 more annually for operational funding.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Qualifying a group of caseload donors.
- Managing a group/portfolio of assigned, qualified donors.
- Creating individual goals for each person on his or her caseload based on the donor's interest, motivations, history of giving, and knowledge of that donor's potential.
- Making direct, face-to-face solicitations.
- Maintaining an average of at least 15 visits per month.
- Performing other donor activities as may be required by the VP of Development.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of nonprofit fundraising experience with a proven ability to secure individual and major gifts and meet objectives.
- Proven ability to meet aggressive fundraising goals in multiple areas of focus.
- A self-starter who is driven by results.
- Ability to make and keep friends, establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- Well-honed writing and speaking skills and comfortable utilizing them to compel individuals to action.
- Organized, prepared, detail-oriented, and know the significance of follow-through.
- People are inspired by your determination.
- Exceptional oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have good judgment and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Proficiency working with computer systems and comfortable with a donor database - MS Office Suite.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER:
Human Resources, Attn: Myra Bull (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158
Fax: (512) 233-5818