Host/Producer, ATX Together
Are you an engaging personality who is comfortable discussing a wide range of topics on camera? Can you work with a team of others to create video programming that fosters dialogue and understanding on topics that matter most to Central Texans?
Austin PBS seeks a journalist to act as host and producer for ATX Together, an ongoing interview program. Recent topics have ranged from the history of racism in Austin to mental health among our community’s most vulnerable. You will bring an understanding of complex societal issues and the ability to translate these for a public media audience.
You’ll join a passionate team of others who strive to leverage the power of public media for community good. A strategic priority of Austin PBS is creating news and civic engagement in the digital age and you will help shape this important initiative.
- Host and moderate the community issues program ATX Together
- Work collaboratively to contribute ideas for show topics and discussions
- Conduct research, interviews and be able to write about various topics
- Manage communication with guests and external partners
- Interact with audience on web, social media or at community events
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
- Mentor aspiring journalists and storytellers
Relevant skills and knowledge include:
- Bachelor's degree in video, photography, journalism, or other similar related fields (or the equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Five years experience in news gathering or relevant field
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Informed in a wide range of topics beyond current events, including culture, local government and public policy
- Personal integrity, fairness and the credibility needed to gain trust across all levels of an organization
- Comfort with teleconferencing software like Zoom or Google Meet
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Preferred but not required:
- Experience writing in AP Style
- Exhibit an understanding of public media mission and values
Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
To apply please submit resume, cover letter telling us how you will help Austin PBS create an informed and engaged audience, and links to samples of your interview and hosting experience.
Email to email@example.com