Manager - eCommerce & Retail Merchandising
Austin City Limits, the longest running music program in television history, is hiring a Manager, eCommerce & Retail Merchandising to drive sales and revenue growth for Austin City Limits / ACL branded apparel and merchandise. In this role, you will be responsible for ideating, executing, and testing strategies to improve our online retail store’s conversion funnels, average basket size, and qualitative measures of shopper engagement.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have direct experience with site merchandising or similar roles, a high degree of comfort with data, an analytical & inquisitive mindset, and a strong desire to build an effective online buying experience for Austin City Limits apparel and merchandise. Candidates should also exhibit the intellectual curiosity required to stay on top of apparel style and color trends, with the aim of applying best practices to our business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies that grow our ACL apparel online store traffic and customer base, leveraging customer data and insights to develop effective marketing and advertising programs.
- Direct effective and integrated marketing campaigns within the acquisition channel (Paid Search, Organic Search, ACL Social, and ACL Content Marketing) as well as within the retention channel (email marketing, customer retargeting campaigns, and the development and integration of affinity and loyalty campaigns)
- Lead and manage the development of annual and seasonal plans that support the successful achievement of sales and revenue goals.
- Establish and implement best practices for database marketing processes, measurement, evaluation, data capture, maintenance, and customer/prospect list selection; track and communicate program results.
- Develops executive summaries and presents recommendations of direct marketing programs to the General Manager and ACL Board.
- Lead the design of all Austin City Limits / “ACL” apparel and merchandise including recommending styles, colors, and unique items.
- Lead the design of all Austin City Limits taping posters including selecting the poster artist, soliciting the necessary artist / management approvals and sourcing and supervising the printing and delivery of the posters for sale at Austin City Limits tapings and online.
- Manage the on-site merchandise inventory and sales at all Austin City Limits television show tapings at ACL Live at the Moody Theater (18-22 per year).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field is preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years Digital Marketing/eCommerce experience, Shopify experience is highly preferred
- Apparel Retail/merchandising experience preferred
- Experience managing Customer Loyalty programs, Digital Marketing programs, and Content-to-Commerce Marketing
- Able to think through problems and provide solutions, sell cooperative solution agendas, and integrate internal/external efficiencies
- Proven track record of success with metric-driven results, through cross-functional collaboration
- Responsible for the development and execution of budget and timeline deliverables.
- Analytical skills with an ability to clearly translate results into actionable insights.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the proven ability to set and communicate team priorities
- Collaborative while able to influence, lead and build productive cross-functional relationships
- Ability to develop rapport and credibility with senior management and others across the organization
- A “Self Starter” who generates new ideas and initiatives to meet and exceed sales and revenue goals.
- Recommends best practices and utilizes industry knowledge to improve products, processes and services
- Proven ability to make business decisions that are consistent with the brand and company objectives
- High level of planning and analytical skills to track performance using financial metrics with a strong aptitude in retail math and forecasting methodology
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects
- Contributes to the development of the functional strategy; executes business plan
- Excellent PC/Mac skills including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with a company match plan (after 6 months with the company)
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- Competitive medical/dental/vision insurance
- Our offices are located in the brand new Austin PBS building at ACC Highland, centrally located with free parking, easy access to public transportation, and a number of restaurants in walking distance.
This is a full time salaried position that is currently hybrid. Annual salary of $65,000 + commensurate with experience. Benefits
__Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability. __
To apply: Please email a resume to Julianna.firstname.lastname@example.org