Manage the creation, execution and production of KLRU video material to support station marketing, development, corporate support and membership efforts. This person will collaborate across departments to direct production workflow in studio and field environments and will lead production meetings, recruit talent, write scripts, produce and edit spots, and execute the necessary steps for product delivery. This person will also assist with pre-taped and live fundraising events
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage the production of videos to support station efforts.
- Manage production of overall on-air promotions for brand awareness and revenue generation.
- Develop video promo concepts for station investment and engagement purposes for both on air and social media.
- Produce KLRU spots, including promos for station events, ongoing initiatives, member affinity groups, general support spots, testimonials and impact reels.
- Acquire one-off support spots from PBS and work with the programming department to schedule.
Oversee video production aspects of fundraising drives, including:
- Work closely with the Membership Director to plan, schedule and implement successful multimedia messaging.
- Work with a cross-departmental team on the creation of on-air fundraising, including but not limited to: recruiting and training talent, scripting and building interstitial material, producing and directing talent in a studio environment, supervising the post-production and scheduling of breaks.
- Produce campaign promo spots for on-air and online use.
- Plan, implement and produce live television events as needed.
Contribute to station messaging including:
- Work with a cross-departmental team to find stories from community members about how KLRU’s work has impacted them. Create short video pieces that complement written pieces about the same subjects.
- Work closely with other team members to maintain consistent support messaging across all channels: on-air, online, in the mail.
- Work within and adopt an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support consistency of message across the organization.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Three plus years production experience, including post-production, studio and field.
- Knowledge of Avid and/or Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and work constructively in a creative, fast paced, collaborative multiple department, multiple project environment.
- Experience with developing themes and writing video messaging and scripts.
- Propensity for innovation and the pursuit of improvement.
- Display creativity and initiative with the ability to respond quickly to last-minute needs and changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Handle projects and timeframes with absolute confidence and with polished results.
- A team player and people person that is organized, creative, logical, perceptive and decisive.
- Enthusiasm for public media with a desire to create and share a solid case for support to staff, donors, viewers and the KLRU community as a whole.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS TO:
Human Resources, Attn: Myra Bull (email@example.com)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158
Fax: (512) 233-5818