Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disability.
Create Austin PBS video material to support station marketing, development, corporate support and membership efforts. As marketing producer, this position works on a variety of projects in both a field and studio production environment and leads meetings, recruits talent, writes scripts, produces and edit spots, and executes the necessary steps for distribution.
Note: Our staff is fully remote at this time. We will reassess the ability to work in-person in April/May 2021.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Manage the production of videos to support station efforts:
- Work closely with Vice President, Communications & Development to manage production of overall on-air promotions for brand awareness and revenue generation.
- Develop video promo concepts for station investment and engagement purposes for both on air and social media.
- Produce and edit Austin PBS spots, including promos for station events, ongoing initiatives, member affinity groups, general support spots, testimonials and impact reels.
- Acquire one-off support spots from PBS and work with the programming department to schedule.
Oversee video production aspects of fundraising drives, including:
- Work closely with the Membership Director to plan, schedule and implement successful multimedia messaging.
- Work with a cross-departmental team on the creation of on-air fundraising, including but not limited to: recruiting and training talent, scripting and building interstitial material, producing and directing talent in a studio environment, the post-production and scheduling of fundraising breaks.
- Produce, write and edit fundraising campaigns for a variety of platforms.
- Plan, implement and produce live television events as needed.
Contribute to station messaging including:
- Work with a cross-departmental team to create video and written content that show station impact.
- Work closely with other team members to maintain consistent support messaging across all channels: on-air, online, in the mail.
- Work within and adopt an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support consistency of message across the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Three plus years production experience, including post-production, studio and field.
- Knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and work constructively in a creative, fast paced, collaborative multiple department, multiple project environment.
- Experience with developing themes and writing video messaging and scripts.
- Propensity for innovation and the pursuit of improvement.
- Display creativity and initiative with the ability to respond quickly to last-minute needs and changing priorities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Handle projects and timeframes with absolute confidence and with polished results.
- A team player and people person that is organized, creative, logical, perceptive and decisive.
- Enthusiasm for public media with a desire to create and share a solid case for support to staff, donors, viewers and the Austin PBS community as a whole.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME TO: Myra Bull- firstname.lastname@example.org