Producer-Say it Loud
To lead production and post-production efforts for the PBS YouTube series Say It Loud. This position will work with a talented team of hosts, writers and crew to produce and edit episodes that celebrate Black culture, context, and history. The job will consist of 21 episodes and then job will end.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Produce and edit videos ranging from 6-15min for YouTube distribution
- Contribute to episode ideas and writer’s room
- Help decide how the technical aspects of script should be executed
- Work closely with management to schedule personnel for production needs
- Interpret script, rehearse with talent and crew, and establish program pace to maintain time requirements
- Able to instruct crew from the field to communicate desired production outcomes
- Log footage and prepares story outlines and scripts for edit sessions
- Edit and or work with editor on fine- tuning graphics, transitions and edits
- Collaborate with social team to help produce content
- Maintain files including records and releases relevant to shows produced
- Maintain and archive projects in an organized manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Experience working with topics of importance and relevance in Black culture.
- A degree in African American history or a related field is a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of post-production in a PC based non-linear environment, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop)
- At least one year experience in production concepts for YouTube including best practices, methodology, and techniques
- At least one year experience working with HD formats, file & tape deliveries, compression, conversions, codecs, and frame rates
- Proficient in Google Apps for Work
- Strong background in media/data management
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact with other departments and the community
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Austin PBS Full Time Employee Benefits:
- 15 paid holidays
- 12 vacation days
- 12 sick leave days
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits effective the first day of the following month (company covers the majority of employee benefit costs)
- Flexible Spending Account
- Safe Harbor 403 (b) plan (4% monthly contribution)
- Life insurance (company paid)
- Employee Assistance Program with 6 free counseling
- ACL Taping Tickets based on rotating basis and when available
- Watch production of Overheard with Evan Smith & Central Texas Gardner based on employee’s work schedule
- Business Casual Work Environment
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND REEL TO:
Human Resources, Attn: Myra Bull (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158