Social Media Marketing Associate
The Social Media Marketing Associate will own day-to-day planning and execution of Austin PBS's social media, including monitoring and reporting. This person is a key part of a motivated team of communicators who promote Austin PBS’s local and national programs, education, events and development efforts.
This person works with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute a results-driven digital marketing strategy with defined KPIs for social media.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creating and curating engaging and timely content for multiple social media platforms.
- Monitoring and tracking social media campaign performance and using data to amend and refine approaches.
- Monitoring social media accounts and offering constructive interaction with users, appropriately representing the Austin PBS brand.
- Close collaboration with other communications team members, maintaining consistent messaging and branding across digital, on-air and traditional marketing channels.
- Coordinating with other departments to meet the goals and deadlines outlined in communication plans for all social media promotions and other items as determined by the Marketing Director.
- Attending events and producing live social media content as needed.
- Researching and maintaining knowledge of social media trends and applying industry best practices.
- Developing quarterly reports on Austin PBS social media performance and emerging social media trends.
- Building, launching and maintaining targeted social advertising campaigns.
- Integrating the use of inclusive design and accessible language practices, making it possible for users of all abilities to fully experience and interact with the brand, receive and understand information and to take advantage of opportunities to engage with and become fans of the Austin PBS brand and its services and products.
- Supervising and mentoring social media interns as required.
- Effectively engaging diverse perspectives and experiences in work products and in organizational interactions, demonstrating respect for others in all workplace relationships. Supporting an equitable, diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Performing other duties as required and/or assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- An Associate degree in communications or a related field. A High School Diploma/GED plus demonstrated relevant experience may substitute for educational requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in social media strategy.
- Demonstrated experience of social media content creation.
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment.
- Strong copywriting and editing skills.
- Critical thinking, multi-tasking and problem-solving ability.
- Excellent time management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and to deadline.
- A passion for the mission and vision of public media.
- Ability to work proactively and independently with limited direction.
- Ability to work non-standard hours in support of major activities and emergencies as needed.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Proficiency with Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Facebook Business Manager and Creator Studio
- Experience using Adobe Photoshop, Premiere
Please send a resume, cover letter and examples of social media content you have created to Victoria McLemore firstname.lastname@example.org