Support station projects relating to arts, culture, news and public affairs. Shoot and edit content in support of station production, promotion, online content, and other projects as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as videographer using DSLR, cinema-style, and/or broadcast video cameras and a variety of lenses
- Determine cinematographic look and feel for a variety of different scenarios including interviews, field and studio segments
- Edit and provide production support including ingesting and logging footage, syncing video and audio tracks, executing rough and final cuts.
- Assist with limited pre-production work from initial contact through completion, including logistics of location shooting, scheduling equipment & personnel, and collaborating with interviewees to determine best set-up
- Be responsible for archiving and maintaining an organized media workflow
- Create and format content for various social media platforms
- Be able to instruct and collaborate with crew either in the field or in studio to communicate desired production outcomes
- •Maintain files including records and releases relevant to shows produced.
- Working interdepartmentally to set and achieve goals.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Advanced knowledge of post-production in a PC based non-linear environment, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere, After Effects & Photoshop)
- Knowledge of television production concepts, principles, methodology, and techniques
- Experience working with HD formats, file & tape deliveries, compression, conversions, codecs, and frame rates
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of cameras used in broadcast production (Canon C300/100 and Panasonic GH5 in particular)
- Strong background in media/data management
- Strong communication skills necessary to interact with other departments and the community
- Proficient in Google Apps for Work
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years experience preferred.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND REEL TO:
Human Resources, Attn: Myra Bull (email@example.com)
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 7158, Austin, TX 78713-7158
Fax: (512) 233-5818