Attend KLRU's ATX Together: Disability & Employment taping
Posted on Aug 16, 2019
In recognition of October’s National Disability Employment Awareness Month, please join us for the taping of our next installment of ATX Together in Studio 6A at KLRU-TV, Austin PBS.
KLRU Editorial Director Judy Maggio will host this one-hour television special airing in October.
In dialogue with the audience, the focus of the evening will be on the employment challenges and successes of people in Austin who have disabilities. Together we will explore how to encourage local employers to consider hiring people with disabilities as well as shine a light on local employers and agencies that are helping provide meaningful employment for people with disabilities. The town hall will be interactive and you are welcome and encouraged to share your thoughts. There will also be a special appearance by TILT Performance Group.
Thursday, September 12, 2019
KLRU Studio 6A (map)
Doors open at 6 p.m.
Final seating at 7 p.m.
Town Hall taping 7:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
The event is free but an RSVP is required.
Entry is based on capacity.
Once the taping begins, the studio is closed for entry.
RSVP Deadline: Monday, September 9
Let us know any accommodations you require when you RSVP and KLRU will make sure your needs are met for attendance.
• The neighborhood around KLRU is busy during the arrival period. Please allow plenty of time for parking, getting to the studio and checking in. (UT ADA Parking Information)
• We will have reserved studio floor seating for people in wheelchairs, those who are mobility challenged and for their companions.
• Bleacher seating requires the ability to climb stairs.
• Guests will need to be seated for 90 minutes.
• The studio has bright lights and amplified sound.
• ASL interpreters will be provided.
• Bathrooms are not on the same floor as Studio 6A. Please use accommodations on Floors 2 or 4 before entering the studio on Floor 6.
• If you need additional assistance, have questions that aren't addressed on our RSVP form or need one of our limited ADA accessible parking spaces, please contact producer Carolyn Krawczyk at 512.475.7013