IRA Charitable Rollover
Consider supporting Austin PBS through your annual distributions from your IRA.
The IRA charitable rollover can benefit you in your philanthropy. Direct gifts to Austin PBS from your annual IRA distribution can:
- Be an easy and convenient way to make a gift from one of your major assets.
- Be excluded from your gross income: a tax-free rollover. You may transfer up to $100,000 directly from your IRA if you are not currently contributing to your IRA. (If you are currently contributing pre-tax income to your IRA, the maximum amount you can contribute tax-free may be reduced.)
- Count toward your required minimum distribution if you are required to take one (that is, if you reached age 70 ½ before January 1, 2020 or are 72 or older).
You may contribute a qualified charitable distribution if:
- You are age 70½ or older at the time of the gift.
- You transfer the funds outright to one or more qualified charities. The legislation does not permit direct transfers to charitable trusts, donor advised funds, charitable gift annuities, or supporting organizations.
- You transfer your gift from your IRA account. This opportunity applies only to IRAs and not other types of retirement plans.
- You make your gift by December 31 for the gift to qualify this year.
- Please note: If you are obligated to take a required minimum distribution and you write a check from an IRA account checkbook directly to a qualified charity, the donation will count as part of your required minimum distribution on the date the check clears your IRA account. Please allow ample time for the check to be deposited by WTTW and processed by your bank.
To make a direct gift to Austin PBS from your retirement account, contact your IRA administrator. You can easily reach out to your IRA administrator with all of the necessary information to give a gift by using this sample transfer request letter.
Please let us know the name of your plan provider so we can look for your check and notify you accordingly:
P.O. Box 7158
Austin PBS, KLRU-TV
Austin, TX 78713
The role of philanthropy in the business community is absolutely critical.
Local Austin PBS Business Support makes a difference in Central Texas.
Q Night at the Movies features Absence of Malice 10/24
Q Night at the Movies presents Paul Newman and Sally Field in Absence of Malice.
You're Invited - Virtual NEXT Night: Strange Town
Join us Wednesday, October 28 at 5 p.m. for a haunting good time!