Donate Your Vehicle
When you donate your vehicle to Austin PBS you will be supporting all the programs you love; plus, you can receive a tax deduction when you itemize your return.
How it Works
It’s simple! Call the toll free number 855-996-KLRU (855-996-5578) or fill out the web form and we’ll take care of the rest, including pick–up, at no cost to you.
Once your vehicle has been sold, you’ll be sent a receipt for your tax records, and the sale proceeds will be donated to Austin PBS in your name. You will also receive a one-year membership to Austin PBS.
Do you have more questions about vehicle donation? Visit our Vehicle Donation FAQ.
To learn more about this exciting program, call toll free at 855-996-KLRU (855-996-5578) or fill out the form below:
Vehicle Donation Form
Vehicle Donation FAQ
- What type of vehicles do you accept as donations?
- Is my car donation tax deductible?
- What paperwork will I need for the DMV?
- What does Austin PBS do with the vehicles?
- Is my contribution still deductible under the new tax laws?
- Do I get a receipt for my donation which shows how much money my car raised for Austin PBS?
- Can I value my vehicle before I donate it to Austin PBS?
- My car hasn’t run in years. Can I still donate it?
- How will my car be picked up?
- How can I schedule a pickup?
What type of vehicles do you accept as donations?
We accept most cars, trucks, vans, fleet vehicles, trailers, boats, motorcycles, and RV’s. If you have any questions about what you can donate, please send us an email or call us toll-free at (855) 996-KLRU (855-996-5578).
Is my car donation tax deductible?
Vehicles donated will benefit Austin PBS a nonprofit classified with the IRS as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization and are tax deductible. For more information, you can check out A Donor’s Guide to Vehicle Donations (pdf).
What paperwork will I need for the DMV?
We will need a signed, clear title, free of all liens. If there is a lien listed on the front of the title, please include the original lien release. If you do not have a title, please call our donation department at (855) 996-KLRU (855-996-5578). Our title specialists can usually help obtain a duplicate title from your local motor vehicle department.
What does Austin PBS do with the vehicles?
The vehicles are sold at private auction. The proceeds are used to help support Austin PBS. Funds from vehicle donations help Austin PBS acquire and produce quality educational and entertainment programs and support our outreach efforts in the community.
Is my contribution still deductible under the new tax laws?
Yes, under the new tax law effective in 2005, people who donate vehicles to charities can claim the actual amount for which the vehicle sells at auction.
Do I get a receipt for my donation which shows how much money my car raised for Austin PBS?
Yes, you will be mailed a receipt that shows the amount your donated vehicle brought in at Auction or $500, whichever is greater. You should expect to have your receipt of sale about four -eight weeks after you donate your vehicle.
Can I value my vehicle before I donate it to Austin PBS?
Many factors can contribute to the final selling price of any vehicle, including the make, model and year of your car, along with any mechanical or physical damage to the vehicle that could affect its value. Austin PBS’s vehicle donation representatives cannot guarantee the final selling price, which is your charitable contribution to Austin PBS.
My car hasn’t run in years. Can I still donate it?
Yes! We accept vehicle donations of all conditions. Your vehicle doesn’t need to run but you need proof of ownership.
How will my car be picked up?
We will arrange to have your vehicle towed away on a scheduled date previously agreed upon with you. We will NOT pick up a vehicle without first contacting you.
How can I schedule a pickup?
Car donation tax laws in effect as of Jan. 1st, 2005.
Your vehicle donation is still tax deductible and will fall into one of these categories:
- For low value vehicle donations you can claim the fair market value up to $500.00 without any additional paperwork besides the receipt we will provide at the time of pickup.
- If you donate a car that is worth more than $500.00, your deduction will be limited to the actual sale price of your car donation. If your vehicle is sold, all proceeds will benefit Austin PBS a 501(c)(3) charity. You will be provided with a receipt stating the final sales price of your vehicle within 30 days of the sale of your donated car. We will work to get top dollar for your car donation.
Q Night at the Movies features The Apartment 01/23
Q Night at the Movies presents Jack Lemmon and Shirley MacLaine in a 1960 comedy-romance classic.
Q Night at the Movies features On the Waterfront 01/16
Q Night at the Movies presents Marlon Brando, Karl Malden and Eva Marie Saint in an Elia Kazan classic.
The Story of Us
Tune in Friday, January 8 at 7:30 p.m.