How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
Posted on Mar 12, 2020
Children and adults have questions about the COVID-19 pandemic.
PBS KIDS has compiled a list of best practices for families to stay healthy. Read through the tips on how to talk to young people in an honest, age-appropriate way in order to assuage fears and instill good habits.
Visit pbs.org/parents/thrive/how-to-talk-to-your-kids-about-coronavirus for more information.
Here are some additional resources for educators, parents and kids related to COVID-19.
Resources for Kids
• George the Germophobe (video)
DANIEL TIGER'S NEIGHBORHOOD:
• "Daniel Gets a Cold / Mom Tiger is Sick" (full episode)
• Doctor Daniel (game)
• In My Bathroom (game)
• Play at Home with Daniel Tiger (app)
• "Rest is Best" Strategy Song (video)
• Germs Germs Go Away with Handwashing (video)
• A Germ-Fighting Superhero (video)
• Abby and Elmo's Potty Plan! (game)
• Step by Step Handwashing with Elmo (activity sheet)
• Elmo and Rosita: The Right Way to Sneeze! (video)
SID THE SCIENCE KID:
• "The Big Sneeze" (full episode)
• "Journey of a Germ" (song)
• ABC Scrub With Me!