Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership FAQ & Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
Questions about the new Pandemic Waitlist?
- The Pandemic Waitlist is a secondary, temporary waitlist created for Season 46 Friends of ACL members who have discontinued membership due to COVID-19 hardship. All the same policies of the general Waitlist apply.
- Invitations to rejoin the program will be based on the original join date to the Friends of ACL program, not the date you join the Pandemic waitlist.
- We will make every effort to invite you at your previous membership level but will be limited by current availability within the program at the time of invitation to rejoin.
- Invitations to rejoin will start at the beginning of Season 48 and will alternate between Pandemic Waitlist and the general Waitlist.
Are the Waitlist Membership dues a one-time gift?
The wailtist membership dues are annual and must be paid once a year, in full, in order to maintain your spot on the Friends of ACL waitlist.
I would like to join the Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership mid-year. How does that affect my annual membership dues?
Your waitlist join date will be the date you pay the waitlist membership dues, but your waitlist membership dates will be on the calendar year, regardless of the date you join the waitlist.
- If joining the waitlist between January 1st - September 30th, your membership is valid thru December 31st of the same year.
- If joining the waitlist on or after October 1st, your waitlist membership expiration will be extended to December 31st of the following year.
Can I pay my waitlist membership dues in installments?
No, the Waitlist dues must be paid in full each year.
Can my employer match my Waitlist Membership dues?
A matching gift from an employer is accepted but not to full-fill the $250 minimum.
I’m already a donor to Austin PBS. Do I still have to pay the Friends of ACL Waitlist Member dues each year?
If your annual support to Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is $600 or more and is considered tax-deductible, then you can qualify for the Waitlist Membership. This includes Sustainer Memberships donating automatically each month. Contact ACL-Reservations@klru.org to make your request. Raffle tickets and ACL Hall of Fame ticket purchases are excluded as these are not tax-deductible gifts.
Are the Waitlist Dues a deposit toward my Friends of ACL membership once I am able to join?
No, the Waitlist Membership dues are a donation to Austin PBS and cannot be applied to other membership in subsequent years.
I forgot to pay my Waitlist Membership dues this year. Am I still on the waitlist?
Unfortunately, if you have not paid your Waitlist Membership dues by the end of January each year, your Waitlist Membership is considered lapsed and your spot on the waitlist was terminated. You can re-enroll on the Friends of ACL Waitlist by rejoining the Waitlist Membership program here.
How do I know if I’m still on the Waitlist? I’m already on the waitlist. Do I have to join the waitlist member program?
You can email ACL-Reservations@klru.org to inquire if you are still on the Waitlist as a Waitlist Member. If you have not renewed your Waitlist Membership annually, then your spot on the Waitlist has been lost.
Are the Friends of ACL Waitlist Member Dues tax-deductible?
Yes, your waitlist membership dues are fully tax-deductible. Austin PBS, KLRU-TV is a tax-exempt organization EIN# 75-7126012.
How do I enter to win passes to an ACL taping?
As a member of the Friends of ACL Waitlist membership program, you will receive an invitation to opt-in to enter to win a pair of passes to ACL tapings. If you are not a membership of the Friends of ACL Waitlist membership program, or you want to increase your chances to win, you may enter to win through the public giveaway on the ACLTV website.
What are the odds of winning passes to an ACL taping through the Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership?
Chances of winning the giveaway depend on the available capacity in the venue for a particular taping, the number of members in the Friends of ACL waitlist membership program and the number of waitlist members who enter to win.
How do I know if I won passes to an ACL taping?
You will receive an email from ACL-Reservations@klru.org about 2 days ahead of the taping, notifying you that won passes to the giveaway. If you do not receive an email, then you did not win.
How do I access Austin PBS Passport to stream my favorite Austin PBS and PBS shows anytime and on any device?
Visit the Passport FAQ for help to login and access Austin PBS Passport.
- Friends of ACL Waitlist Membership dues are annual, on the calendar year and must be paid each year to maintain waitlist status.
- Membership dues must be paid by last day of January each year in order to maintain waitlist status for the year.
- If dues are missed or a year skipped, waitlist status will be lost.
- New waitlist enrollment will use the waitlist status join-date in which the dues are paid.
- If joining the waitlist between January 1st - September 30th, the membership is valid thru December 31st of same year.
- If joining the waitlist on or after October 1st, waitlist membership expiration will be extended to December 31st of the following year.
- Current Austin PBS donors giving a tax-deductible gift of $600+ annually can qualify for Waitlist membership with no additional donation. Enrollment date will be the date request is made. Raffle tickets and ACL Hall of Fame ticket purchases are excluded as these are not tax-deductible gifts.
- The $250 waitlist membership donation must be paid in full, upfront and is fully tax-deductible.
- Friends of ACL Waitlist spots are not transferable.
Q Night at the Movies features Two War Films 10/03
Q Night at the Movies presents two classic American war films: Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb and The Caine Mutiny.
Q Night at the Movies DOUBLE FEATURE 09/26
Q Night at the Movies presents two back-to-back films: Postcards From the Edge and Five Easy Pieces.
Blackbaud Data Security Incident
Safeguarding the personal information of our members and supporters is important.